WGU Giving Day: Night Owls Unite is a special day for Night Owls all over the country to band together as one community to support WGU students. Support can be in the form of philanthropy and by sharing and championing WGU Giving Day messages to your personal networks. It is a great time for the Night Owl community to come together and give back in gratitude.
On WGU Giving Day, you can use this toolkit to help raise emergency and scholarship funds to assist WGU students who are facing financial hardships. Your support makes access to education more equitable and affordable for all WGU students!
We're looking forward to your help in making WGU Giving Day a true success.
Thank you for being an ambassador for WGU!
How do I help?
- Bookmark this page so you have easy access to toolkit materials.
- Show your Night Owl pride and post about the event on your social media profiles using the hashtags #WGUGivingDay and #NightOwlsUnite. Don't forget to tag WGU in your posts!
- Change your profile picture or cover photo to one of the WGU Giving Day images included in this kit.
- Ask others to join you in supporting WGU students. Feel free to use the resources on this page for tips and prompts to help you get started.
- Make your own gift to the fund most meaningful to you! All donations, no matter the size, can make a big difference!
- Follow us on social media to stay up-to-date on #WGUGivingDay content.
#WGUGivingDay Social Media Graphics
To save the images, simply right-click and save the image to your device.
Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn:
Instagram and Facebook Stories:
Sample Social Media Posts
- Before you post, make sure to:
- Attach a WGU Giving Day graphic or personal photo to your post
- Copy and paste this link to each post: givingday.wgu.edu
- Always hashtag! Use #WGUGivingDay and #NightOwlsUnite
Posts leading up to #WGUGivingDay
Facebook and LinkedIn:
- #WGUGivingDay is right around the corner but I’m celebrating early because I love WGU! Join us on April 21 as #NightOwlsUnite for 25 hours to make a difference for students. Give to a fund you care about now by visiting givingday.wgu.edu
- I’m excited to celebrate #WGUGivingDay with Western Governors University and my fellow WGU Night Owls again this year on April 21! I’ll be giving to an important cause, and I hope you join me. #NightOwlsUnite givingday.wgu.edu
- Did you know @wgu turns 25 this year? On April 21, I’ll be celebrating #WGUGivingDay with my fellow Night Owls for 25-hours in honor of this milestone. Learn more by visiting givingday.wgu.edu #NightOwlsUnite
On April 21, I’m joining @westerngovernorsu and my fellow Night Owls for #WGUGivingDay! Supporting WGU on this day makes it possible for many students to reach their goals. Join me! Visit givingday.wgu.edu. #NightOwlsUnite #Giving #WGUGrad
Posts on #WGUGivingDay - April 21, 2022
Facebook and LinkedIn:
You can help Western Governors University students today during #WGUGivingDay by making a gift to an important student fund or by spreading the word! Visit givingday.wgu.edu to learn more. #NightOwlsUnite
- I’m excited to celebrate #WGUGivingDay with Western Governors University and my fellow WGU Night Owls today! I gave to an important cause, and I hope you join me. #NightOwlsUnite givingday.wgu.edu
I donated today. Have you? Together we can help @wgu Night Owls soar! #WGUGivingDay #NightOwlsUnite givingday.wgu.edu
Join me and my fellow Night Owls today for #WGUGivingDay! Every donation makes a direct impact on the lives of today’s @wgu students! #WGUGivingDay givingday.wgu.edu
It’s a great day to be a Night Owl! Today is #WGUGivingDay and I’m uniting with WGU supporters across the country to make more dreams possible for students at @westerngovernorsu. Visit givingday.wgu.edu to make a difference. #NightOwlsUnite #Giving #WGUGrad
If you have any questions, please contact us: